Monday 14 January 2013

I heart Peter Pan Collars


For the last few seasons I have loved the peter pan collared shirts. At the end of summer, just as the new collections were hitting the shops for autumn, I saw this one in H&M.
Pearls, glass beads, sequins...it’s as if the designer new exactly what would make me get my purse out. However, I thought I’d have a go myself at making  my own pearly peter pan collar.
I already had a pattern piece from a previous project so placed this onto white cotton, and cut two pieces, then placed it onto some left over lace I had and cut one piece, and then onto a piece of sew-in interfacing and cut one piece.
I laid them on top of one another,  interfacing on the bottom, then white cotton, then lace, then white cotton again.
Next I sewed around the edge, (1.5cm  seam allowance) leaving a small gap, a couple of inches in length, through which it can be turned the right way out. Once turned right sides out I hand-stitched the gap closed and sewed a hook and eye clasp onto the pointed ends of the collar to fasten. Then came the long task of sewing on a seemingly endless amount of beads and sequins. This did take a LOT longer than I thought it would! But I know those beads are going nowhere!







No comments:

Post a Comment