Monday 14 January 2013

Birthday Cake Bakes

My sister's Birthday is just after Christmas and this year we were together to celebrate it. My mom and me made a chocolate cake and stencilled her name in edible gold dust. I was very happy with the end result, it just made it that bit more personal and special.
Here are some more of my favourite Birthday cakes...
This was for a friends’ 18th. It’s banana bread loaf, with cream cheese frosting and topped with strawberries.
Another strawberry theme...for my mum this time. Inspired by Lorraine Pascale’s cake. She used chocolate cigarillo’s around the edge, but white chocolate Cadbury’s fingers were easier to come by.  It’s a chocolate cake base, and butter cream frosting. Strawberries are great for decoration, although I found they can be so juicy they don't look so good after a couple of days.
Another one for my mom, her all time favourite...Marmalade cake. This recipe is from ‘The Great British Bake Off’ 2011 cook book. And I have to admit, not being a fan of marmalade myself, I can still gobble up a big piece of this cake.
And I couldn't not include this epic addition. It was for my Birthday one year and just gi-normous! You can’t go wrong with that much frosting! 
I think it's time to try some new recipes for 2013. Happy baking.





No comments:

Post a Comment