Friday 7 December 2012

Super simple snowflake gift tags


Last year I was very excited about the gifts I found for my family and friends because I put a lot of thought into what to get for people. Part of the fun was also wrapping the gifts and making them look personal even before they were opened. This year I want to do the same, so I started by making these very simple gift tags.
I used card labels that were super cheap; pages from an old book I didn’t mind cutting up; scissors and glue.


Most of us can remember making paper snowflakes at school to stick on the windows, but here’s a refresher.
Cut two circles the size you want the snowflake to be. Fold the circle into 4 (or more if you can), and snip shapes out while folded. This is kind of fiddly since the circles are very small to begin with, using a smaller pair of scissors helped. Make sure you don’t cut away all the fold edge, or the snowflake will fall apart when opened.
Unfold the snowflake and glue to the gift tag. (It’s easier to put the glue onto the tag, then lay the snowflake on top) Then try out some variations...
I also replaced the string on some with ribbon to make them a little more Christmassy. Now I just need to buy the gifts to put them on.
 Happy Holidays!







No comments:

Post a Comment